One of my favorite “tools” for praying is my cheat sheet. I know we are not supposed to do vain repetitions while we pray. Interestingly enough when I have my cheat sheet, my prayers are much more varied then when I am trying to think of things while I pray.
One one side of my “cheat sheet” I have something like this:
- Gift of Discernment – Power to Resist Temptation – Repent!
- S, Rob, and I are one in our parenting stewardship.T1,T2,T3
- Mom and Dad, MIL, FIL, BIL, SIL, Kids
- Friends – I list out my close friends
- VT – List out sisters I visit teach and who visit teach me
- Church Leaders – RS, Bishop, Prophet
- Meaningful Spiritual Discussion Today/Missionary Experience
I have it as a word document and print it out every month or so. Because on the back I add people who I know have special needs at this time.
When I was in the Relief Society Presidency I had a nice big list. It is smaller now. But still have people/situations I add to that list as they come up.
This is probably the simplest yet most powerful tool I have added to my prayers and I LOVE it.
What tips can you share to help make prayers more meaningful?
Check out my 40-day Prayer Challenge Book for more tips!