Scripture Warrior Class
Access the Free Scripture Warrior Class by clicking here!
Download the Top Three Tips to Enjoy Life here!
Or you can read it below as a blog post. (It looks better in the word document because of formatting, so I prefer that way.)
- Energetic Boundaries: Some people are born with a strong energetic protection. There are some who are born with a weaker or almost non-existent barrier. If you are the type of person who feels what others feel, you may have this issue. I would go to school and feel overwhelmed by everyone else’s feelings, let alone my own. I have 2 boys like this and luckily I have learned some tools to help us strengthen our energetic boundaries.
- Surround yourself with LIGHT. Light is always stronger than the darkness. We can call light into us through prayer, scripture study, being aware of what we watch and listen to. Here is a video on how to stay surrounded by light.
- Digital safety!!!
- For Kids – Here is how I keep my kids safe in the digital world.
- For You – I had the USA Today app to keep up on the news. I learned a few things, it was somehow addictive. It also had “news” that wasn’t actually news at all. That when I read it I felt horrible afterward. It took me a bit of time to figure this out. But once I did I had a choice to make. Did I want to keep exposing myself to this “news” or was there a better option. I did some research and picked a better app to keep up on relevant news. Deleting the app helped protect me from that negative energy. I actually don’t really watch the news or read much about it because of the overall stress it causes me as an empath, however I did want a simple way to keep informed.
- Essential Oils
- Help keep me and my family healthy. When someone feels like they are coming down with a cold, I make a “stay healthy” blend, put it in capsules which they swallow and they stay healthy. I will also diffuse blends to help support our immune system. It is also helpful if someone feels like they are getting sick, I diffuse my “stay healthy” blend to help support good health. We also go around singing, “”I am healthy, I am strong.” So much better than saying, ‘I am getting sick.” Instead say, “My body effectively fights germs. I am healthy and strong!” (see power of words below)
- Physical Support. Lavender for bumps and burns. Melaleuca for helping skin stay healthy. You can use oils to help support bodies, for almost any issue there is an oil for that. It was funny, yesterday I got a charley horse in my foot and I got out my Essential Oil book and found charley horse listed. I put on the recommended oils and had instant relief!
- Emotional Support. I have some emotional blends for when I am feeling overwhelmed. I use my oils every day and it helps me enjoy life. Diffusing oils helps my home stay welcoming and peaceful. If I notice the boys getting a little rowdy I diffuse a calming blend. When my littlest has trouble falling asleep because his mind can’t slow down, I put on a sleepy blend that helps his mind to still and he is able to fall asleep more easily.
- If you are interested in learning more about how essential oils can help you, let me know and I can send you a free sample!
- Healthy Connections
- Connect with a Higher Power – for me that is God. I love connecting with Him each morning as I meditate, pray (using a prayer “cheat sheet”), study scriptures and write Letters to God. That connection feeds me for the rest of the day. It keeps me calm and grounded even if chaos is going on around me.
- Connect with my Family – I try to connect one on one with each family member, even if it is for only one minute a day. With 2 teenagers at 2 different high schools, a husband who works long hours and a 3rd son, there are certain days where a minute a day feels like a miracle. Certainly I strive for more, but even having that intention to connect for a minute a day helps me to stay a part of their lives.
- Connect with my Friends. I love to connect with those who lift me up and encourage me. It is important for me to do the same for others. I choose friends who are positive and supportive of who I am. They also encourage me to do things outside of my comfort zone. Be intentional with the type of friends you want and who you choose to spend your time with.
- Positive words
- Power of words – Say out loud, “Anger, hate, lies, busy.” How does that make your body feel? How do those words make you feel emotionally? Now say out loud, “Peace, love, truth, exciting.” How do those words make your body feel? How about your emotions? Words have an energy. They create a response in our body and mind. Choose your words wisely!
- What is it that you WANT? If you are in a situation where you are frustrated, acknowledge it. Then let it go. What do you WANT? I want to feel calm. How would it feel to feel calm right now? I notice my feeling, name it, hand it to God. I don’t judge it, I feel it, breathe and let it flow through me.
- Affirmations which can be unbelievable – If you are really mad at someone and you say, “I am happy.” Your body and mind would scan yourself and it would check and say, “No I am not.” And then it would reject it. Instead if you say, “How would it feel to feel happy?” It would scan your body and mind and think, “Hmm, how would it feel?” and then it would search for a little tiny part of happy and find it and then feel it and then you would feel it.
- Emotional Clearing –Sometimes we have emotions that are buried deep inside and it is helpful to release those. Sometimes we may have a wall built around our heart keeping others out. Emotional Clearing can help with so many things. I learned how to do this by reading The Emotion Code. I then practiced on friends and family for years.
I then did many more trainings in emotional clearing. Now it is something I do for my students and coaching clients who need some emotional clearing. I work with people in person and on the phone as well. Whether to make a decision from a balanced point of view or if they need help forgiving others, or need help moving past a trauma, or they have a mysterious physical symptom.
- Light Switch – This is one of my favorite tools to teach others. I have a video explaining it, because it is so much easier to show. Here is a link to the video.
- Eternal Warriors – This is an 8 week class that I teach online as well as in person. It helps people learn why they don’t do what they value and learn how to master themselves and do the things they want to do. It is a spiritually based class that helps you establish and succeed with a routine of morning and evening prayer as well as daily scripture study and journal writing. You get to set personal goals to work on too.
I hope that you have enjoyed these tips and can apply them into your life. I know as you do you will be blessed. If you want to work with me one on one, I do coaching as well as energy clearing work. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Thanks for subscribing to my newsletter. You will get notified when I add more tools for you!
About the Author: Sheridan Ripley has been married over 20 years to a very supportive husband. She is the mom of 3 great boys ranging from 10-18 years old.
After spending many years focusing on working with pregnant and birthing families, by teaching Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Classes and attending 50 births as a Birth Doula, she added Life Coaching and Emotional Clearing to the services she offers.
Sheridan loves to share tools and support to parents and children alike. So often the issues we are having with our families can be improved as we work through and clear our emotions and learn new techniques in dealing with each other. She provides classes (most are free) with parenting tools as well as spiritual strengthening.
With training in over 10 different energy clearing techniques and through her years of experience she now offers classes for fellow energy workers for specific areas of interest. Such as pre-birth/birth clearing to ancestor clearing and everything in between. 🙂