This week I share the importance of learning from past mistakes and how it can lead to lowering expectations for oneself. This is a valuable lesson that can be applied to various aspects of life, including work, relationships, and personal hobbies.
Last summer I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed during my busy summer and it made me realize the importance of taking a break to prioritize family time this summer.
What is coming up for you this summer? If you are feeling overwhelmed by some things, here are some good questions.
- Is this essential to do?
- Could someone else do it?
- If you need to do it, is there a past experience you can learn from to help you do it differently this time?
- In what ways can I lower my expectations?
- Make a choice to make it more manageable AND create an affirmation to help!
Here is what I am choosing to do –
- Take a break from social media and podcasting for two months to focus on family time.
- Lower expectations for oneself to avoid feeling overwhelmed and stressed. If I choose to post replays to fill the 2 month gap, I am not going to edit them to have a new intro… I may just add a 15 second intro in front of the old one. This way I may actually have time and energy to do this.
- Create affirmations to help. I am actually using the one from Carson’s wedding. Staying flexible, calm and present helps me enjoy the day.