I taught the Relief Society (women’s group) lesson on Sunday and it was about Protection from Pornography. I am over the teachers and arranged it so that I could teach the lesson. I love teaching about pornography and wanted to make sure the women left with useful tools and information to help them be WARRIORS in their homes.
Requests to share
I got a lot of great feedback about my lesson. I also had a lot of requests from friends that live far away for my notes. I decided to record my lesson, so that everyone can join in the fight.
Resources to help Fight Pornography
- Fortify: A Step Toward Recovery by Fight the New Drug
- Like Dragons They Did Fight by Maurice W. Harker
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures by, Kristen Jenson
- Fight the New Drug – Fortify Program (online) http://www.fortifyprogram.org/
- Eternal Warrior – Addiction Prevention Program (live class and online classes) sheridanripley.com
- Church Website – http://overcomingpornography.org/
- Story of Woman who overcame her pornography addiction https://www.lds.org/new-era/2013/12/no-longer-addicted-my-journey-to-overcome-pornography
- Sons of Helaman – http://www.lifechangingservices.org/
- http://pornproofkids.com/ Great advice and tips for parents on how to talk to kids about pornography
- http://purposedrivenmotherhood.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-bishops-answer-to-how-can-parents.html Great blog post from a Bishop on how to help prevent pornography addictions in our kids.
- Avoid Violent Video Games
- Avoid Hand Held Devices
- Open Conversation
- Invite Light into Your Home
- Teach Your Kids it is OK to Stand Alone
- Get Family Involved in Family History Work
The SMART Plan – for Parents (pornproofkids.com)
- Stay calm
- Make a plan
- Assist your child to sort out their feelings
- Regularly check in with your kids
- Train your family
My “Can Do” Plan – for Kids (from Good Pictures, Bad Pictures — BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!)
- Close my eyes, turn away and hit the power button to shut down my computer or device.
- Alert a trusted adult
- Name Pornography when I see it
- Distract my thoughts away from bad images
- Order my Thinking Brain to be in charge!
Handout of Resources and Copy of My Lesson
Resources to help Fight Pornography – Click here to download a copy of the resources.
Pornography Lesson to Share – Click here to download the notes from my lesson.
Feel free to share!!
2 thoughts on “Be a Warrior Against Pornography!”
Thank you for this information. I really appreciate it.
I couldn’t find the article you talked about in the Jan. 2014 New Era. I think it’s called New Armor for a New War.
Do i have this information correct?
It is from the September 2014 New Era. Get Ready for Battle. https://www.lds.org/new-era/2014/09/get-ready-for-battle?lang=eng
Comments are closed.